Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Catching Up


Well, I'm sitting in Jasper, Alberta and I have to check out in about 1/2 hour so I thought I better do a post while I have an internet connection. I'm on the train from this afternoon until Saturday morning when I arrive in Toronto.


This is the Skeena River valley just east of Terrace - a major river in Northern BC.



Further east - Bulkley area. I was trying to catch the start of the fall colours, but they didn't turn out quite as planned. The train just wouldn't slow down for some reason! LOL



It was a beautiful sunny day until we hit Jasper Park, then it clouded over and we weren't able to see the tops of the mountains.

When I got to my hotel in Jasper there was a mix up with my reservation and I ended up being upgraded to a suite rather than a standard room. I've felt very spoiled!







I'm loving the train travel - so far I've met people from Australia, The Netherlands and England. All the chit chat back and forth really makes the time fly and I love hearing their reactions to Canada.

And I've been able to get in some stitching. Here is where the stocking has gotten to.


Will try and post again the next time I have an internet connection.

2 comments:

cucki said...

So beautiful..and a very lovely place..
Sweet stitching xx

Brigitte said...

Great pictures from your trip. That hotel must have been very comfortable.