Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Well, it's definitely late fall weather in Rupert. About 10 a.m. we had a downpour of hail, followed by an equally strong downpour of rain and now we have wind and grey clouds, but nothing is falling out of them.

Last night we had a lightning and thunder storm - very short but very intense and rain coming down so hard it sounded like hail and for about 5 minutes I couldn't even hear my TV it was so loud. The cats were NOT impressed - Yoda pressed in as close to my side as he could get and Snowy climbed on to my chest and had all 4 sets of claws through my clothes.

A Poison Tree

I was angry with my friend:
I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe:
I told it not, my wrath did grow.

And I water'd it in fears,
Night and morning with my tears;
And I sunned it with smiles,
And with soft deceitful wiles.

And it grew both day and night,
Till it bore an apple bright;
And my foe beheld it shine,
And he knew that it was mine,

And into my garden stole
When the night had veil'd the pole;
In the morning glad I see
My foe outstretch'd beneath the tree.

William Blake
1757 - 1827

No comments: