Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Well, I turned the poppies into a birthday card, with the addition of some candy stickers and off I went to help my friend Betty celebrate her 50th! A lot of Fisheries people showed up - we met while she and I both worked there - plus some spouses so about 20 of us took over the upper level of the Crest lounge and enjoyed a good meal and a lot of laughter. Betty got given a nice mix of silly and serious gifts and a wonderful evening was enjoyed by all.

It was a nice distraction, as the possibility of breast cancer has reared its ugly head once again. I have been referred to Terrace to check the "something" that was found on my 1 year post-cancer mammogram - they have a machine that does 3-D images. Once they pinpoint it exactly, there will probably be another biopsy. And so the waiting game goes on. 10 days and counting!

No comments: