Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Finally, my computer is working properly again (I think), so I thought I would show off my latest cross stitch finishes. This first one a friend commissioned for her first grandchild. It's a Stoney Creek pattern and was a fun stitch except when I miscounted and had to pull out the entire right hand side multi-coloured border. That's what happens when you try to do "just a few more stitches" and you're tired! Sandy is very happy with it though and that's what counts.



This one is another hooded bath towel. One of the ladies who is a member at Sisters (where I work) asked if I would do it for her first grandchild. It's the pattern that came with the towel. Another fun stitch but the top is a bit tricky as there is not much maneuvering room.



Now that the requested pieces are done, I'm back to working on my rotation of large pieces. I have a different one for each day of the week to keep me from getting discouraged and each piece grows a little. I'm thinking I may start posting monthly updates - motivation for me and it will be easier to see the difference a month makes.

Been reading, of course. I finished the Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich and I'm now working my way through Sue Grafton's alphabet mysteries. I'm on "N is for Noose" at the moment. The series goes up to U right now, although I understand V is coming out this fall. I should be ready for it by then! LOL

Weather is still a whole lot cooler than it should be, but at least we are seeing sunshine, so I guess it's an okay trade off.

No comments: