Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Found Some Help

I realized I needed to do a bit more than just watch my portions if I was going to really get some serious weight lost. However, I find the whole business of watching calories and making sure I get the right nutrition more than a little confusing. BUT, I found a website that is helping - http://www.fitday.com
You put in your current weight, your goal weight and when you would like to reach it and it tells you how much you need to lose each day. You add in what level of life-style activity you are and it tells you how many less calories you need to take in in order to lose. There is a place to enter your daily food choices that will track calories and you can generate graphs to show if you are meeting all your nutritional needs. I think it will help, but I've only been using it for 3 days, so we shall see. I am really hoping I can do this my way.

Found another poem. I'm finding all these in a book called The Top 500 Poems, based on how often they show up in anthologies. I'm running into some old favourites as well as discovering some poets I've never heard of before. This poem is by Robert Bridges who is one of those new finds.

Nightingales
Beautiful must be the mountains whence ye come,
And bright in the fruitful valleys the streams, wherefrom
Ye learn your song:
Where are those starry woods? O might I wander there,
Among the flowers, which in that heavenly air
Bloom the year long!
Nay, barren are those mountains and spent the streams:
Our song is the voice of desire, that haunts our dreams,
A throe in the heart,
Whose pining visions dim, forbidden hopes profound.
No dying cadence nor long sigh can sound,
For all our art.
Alone, aloud in the raptured ear of men
We pour our dark nocturnal secret; and then,
As night is withdrawn
From these sweet-springing meads and bursting boughs of May,
Dream, while the innumerable choir of day
Welcome the dawn.

No comments: